7 ways to find success by letting go:
- Accept the darkness. You’re supposed to be happy, but you aren’t. Accept it.
- Ask negative circumstances, “What are you teaching me?”
- Connect with people who are transparent, tough, and tender. When you’re stuck, you need someone who has developed them self and who can help you confront the brutal facts with tenderness. Avoid fixers.
- Don’t blame others for your disappointing present. Finger-pointing solidifies the past.
- Focus on things within your control, even if they’re small.
- Press forward with imperfect clarity.
- Monitor energy. Do what gives you energy, not what drains it.
The ability to let go enhances your ability to develop teams, organizations, and yourself.